Monday, March 5, 2012

Dad in the Big Apple

A few weekends ago my dad and his wife Maggie came to NYC for a visit. My dad was definitely excited to come and visit Stuart and I, but he insisted he had been to NY before so I could tell he wasn't expecting too much in the form of an adventure. After a robust 5 days in the city though and a lot of "inside" information from a few locals, ;) I think we changed his mind about the Big Apple. Although my dad is a nature and country boy to his core, I think he left with curious appreciation for the city that he not had before. The rich history, old buildings, and the sheer magnitude of the city won him over...just a little bit.

Some highlights from the trip include:
  • A Hop on Hop Off Bus Tour (Dad & Maggie went and LOVED it, it's a great intro to the city)
  • Lion King on Broadway (Dad's first broadway experience)
  • David Letterman Taping
  • New York City Museum
  • Brooklyn Bridge Stroll
  • Grimaldi's Pizza under the Brooklyn Bridge
  • Chelsea Market
  • East Village Thai Food
  • Amor & Amargo Bitters Bar
  • 911 Memorial
  • Early morning walks through Central Park (Dad & Daughter)
Every time my parents or friends leave us from visiting the city, Stu and I feel a little sad. We have never lived this far from home, and it has been hard to adjust to the thought that we cannot just hop in the car and drive down to see someone. It makes time together more precious and too short, but this NYC adventure is teaching Stuart and I SO much about ourselves. Moving here is literally the best thing we have ever done together so every time I get sad and miss someone I think about the big picture and it helps to put it in perspective.

My dad and Maggie took a ton of pictures, so I need to get those from them and then I will post pictures!

I love you Dad!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment