Monday, January 9, 2012

Testing the Water

Hello New World of Blogging.

We decided to take the plunge and start blogging since we moved to New York City from Dallas, TX and wanted a way to document our crazy life adventures. Stuart and I (Erica) and our "baby" Golden Doodle Nora (you will meet her soon) moved from a 3 bedroom 1959 ranch-style home in Dallas to a high-rise in New York City which we refer to as "living in the sky." We both want to present our unique voice on this blog so whenever I start a post I will include my name in front of my entry and Stuart will do the same so you can keep up with the REAL story, from both sides of the fence. :) We hope you enjoy our posts and I cannot wait to look back at these times, years in the future, and remember all of these sweet life stories we experience everyday.

Erica:
It was so hard to say good-bye, but we loaded up and waved farewell to Dallas on Nov. 30th, 2011. I will never forget all of the love Stuart and I felt as we broke the news of our move to friends and family. Stuart and I knew that the good-bye part would be the worst part of it all, so to have such a supportive group of people around us made it much easier.

Here are some of the things I never want to forget about our move!
1. Stu's PawPaw drove 2 hrs. to Dallas about 4 weeks after his major cancer surgery to help load our Uhaul. No, no, we did not let him lift anything, but he used to own a moving company and he wanted nothing else but to help Stuart and I load up as we headed North for our great New York adventure. So much love.

2. My dad took off work and came up 3 days before we left to help pack-up and ship us off. It was the sweetest 3 days ever and I loved having him there. Our goodbye as we drove off early the morning of the 30th will always be engraved in my heart.















3. My mom offered any available space in her house to help store things that would not fit in our NYC apartment. She babysat Nora so many weekends and provided so much support and love throughout this process.














4. Our friends, which are the best friends in the world, threw us a Good-bye party of all Good-bye parties. Big time thanks go to Maggie and Joel and everyone who showed up to bid us adieu. Stu and I went to bed that night talking about how lucky we were to be surrounded by the most amazing best friends. We owe our friends the world, they make us so happy.










Thank you everyone for all your kind words, love, support, gifts, and all the promises to come and visit...so start BOOK'n! :)

P.S. I promise to get better at formatting pictures. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment